Why You Need an Appraisal
Our appraisal services help you to discover what your property is worth at the time of visiting. One of our trusted agents will evaluate your real estate in-person to discover what your home is worth in today’s market.
- Sell your home for its true market value.
- If you’ve noticed our township growing, your house price could be worth more than what you realise.
- We provide an unbiased assessment of how much your land, buildings and other assets at the address are worth.
- We can indicate the value of your home as a rental.
- We take improvements or special features you may have completed into consideration when assessing the market value of your home.
- Our appraisal agent will know your area well and be able to discuss your neighbourhood, including average house values nearby.
- Find the house price estimate for estate planning purposes.
- Confirm that the property you’re interested in purchasing is worth what you pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a real estate appraiser?
A property appraiser provides an appraisal report to property owners who want to know the market value of their home. They consider market factors, such as the condition, location, demand, previous sale prices and recent homes sold nearby to estimate the price your house is likely to sell for.
What’s the difference between proppy.co.nz’s property value estimate and an appraisal?
When we conduct an appraisal on your home, we’ll visit the property in person to evaluate the house’s condition, including amenities, surrounding neighbourhoods and public facilities nearby. Our property value estimator is a free in-depth digital property report that we send to you, including the estimated property price, investment potential, market trends, property sales history, and a suburb snapshot that includes population, average age, and owner-occupier and vacancy rates.
What do I need to prepare for an appraisal?
Just be at your property to open the door and show us around. Don’t worry about how tidy the house is too much as we can look past the mess and we will make suggestions on what you need to do to get the maximum price for your property.
How long will it take to complete a property appraisal?
Usually an appraisal will take approximately 45minutes. This allows us to have a good look around your home and discuss a Comparative Market Analysis with you.
What factors are evaluated within an appraisal?
Factors that determine the house value include the location, curb appeal, recent sales of the house, your area and similar listings; the condition and other physical characteristics such as age, square footage, land size and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
What can I expect from the appraiser?
The appraiser will visit your home in-person to walk through and evaluate the condition of the real estate. This process generally takes 30-45minutes, but can take longer depending on the size and complexity of the appraisal.